Hang on to your taste buds! This dish is a taste explosion. Spicy, sweet, and tangy. It really does have it all. Okay, I won’t say it. This is NOT my favorite dish, ever, but it is pretty dang good for a summer night.
Cilantro Chipotle Tilapia
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped canned chipotles in adobo
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 (6-ounces) tilapia fillets
Purée cilantro, oil, chiles with some adobo sauce, water, cumin, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a blender until smooth, then coat fish with sauce.
Line rack of a broiler pan with foil, then broil fish 3 to 4 inches from heat until just cooked through, 6 to 9 minutes.
Mexican Pineapple Salad
- 1 (3-pound) pineapple, peeled and diced
- 1/2 pound jicama, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 (7-to 8-ounce) avocado, cut into cubes
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced (1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chives
Toss together all ingredients with 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
Plate fish and top with salad. Add fresh basil and pine nuts. Delish!