I love it when Jon bakes. That’s really all I have to say.
Oatmeal scotchies are amazing as is, but these transcend any I’ve ever had. Jon added unsweetened coconut, which lends an incredible texture. Coupled with the hint of orange, these cookies are simply perfection.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 3 cups quick or old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 2/3 cups (11-oz. pkg.) Butterscotch chips
Preheat oven to 375° F. Combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in oats, coconut and morsels. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
One thought on “Oatmeal Scotchies with Coconut and Orange”