Hey look- I am blogging. It’s me, Jon, the work horse behind this adventure. I even took the picture for this post!
Last week, I had one of those evenings where my wife has a few social engagements after work, which means she’s out eating fancy food and doesn’t need me to make dinner. It worked out well because I too have to meet friends for drinks. However, I still wanted to fill my belly before hitting the road (I biked to my rendezvous). So I thought about what we have in our garden and came up with grilled eggplant covered in a bruschetta mix. It was pretty good- not very filling- but a good prequel to the nachos I had later while out.
- 1 eggplant, sliced on angle, 3/4 inch thick
- olive oil
- 6 large grape tomatoes (or 2 Romas)
- 2 tablespoons kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 4 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- black pepper to taste